Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Blind Date




Strong winds and strong rain smashing through my dorm room woke me up from my steadfast sleep. It is, too, the day for our comm 3 date. I’ve always felt nervous when thinking about this day, and who would have thought that I would start this day with the eerie sound of a tropical storm? The nerves have started to kick in real bad. It is a blind date after all. This is all for the interpersonal experience of dating, which was announced by Sir OJ last Wednesday night. He gave me the cellphone number of my date and I introduced myself to her. Her name is Audrey and she is a an athlete.We talked about some personal information like age, course, and then talked about the date itself. Since we had no free time during the weekends, we decided to hold the dates next Wednesday, August 21, 2013, at Technohub.

The days flew by and the dreaded blind date came closer and closer. As for my blind date and I, we both decided to meet each other at the Molave gate. We are both dormers and we wanted to meet halfway. I was coming from Molave and she was a dormer from Kalayaan.

I arrived at the gate, and so did she. She was wearing a jacket and jeans. We exchanged greetings and smiles. We then both waited for jeepneys that would pass by Technohub. We got on one bound for SM North. As we were seated in the jeepney, we talked about our courses, and UP. She also met some UP seniors on our short trip. . We then got off the jeep at a Philcoa gasoline station and started walking towards Technohub. We then talked about family, interests, subjects and this comm 3 date. We walked around Technohub and chose to grab some grub at the Ministop. 


We each ordered desserts. She ordered a choco banana cake and I ordered a crema de fruta. We then continued our discussion about the scrapbook, relationships and other commitments for the day and also talked about horror movies. We talked of our eagerness to watch “The Conjuring” and also talked of some watched horror movies. We talked of plots of stories like scenes in Sinister, Mirrors and Mama.

After a bagful of laughter and interests in horror movies, we had finished our cakes. We then wondered if Time zone was open already at this hour; however, it was still closed and will open at 12 noon. So we decided to go back to UP. We walked from Technohub to Philcoa to get a jeepney. We then got off where we first met in the Molave waiting shed where we thanked each other for a great experience.

By: Benedict Guinto
 (Description)


Sources (Photos):
http://www.clarkisit.com/surviving-rainy-season-philippines/
http://mylovefordesserts.blogspot.com/2011/06/ministops-crema-de-fruta.html


No comments:

Post a Comment