Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Shifting Process




I believe, all of us have our own dreams. We all want to achieve something which will make us happy and contented. As for me, I really want to be an accountant, particularly a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). I never had doubts about it because it was my dream since I was in grade two, so I didn't find it hard filling up the chosen course part in the UPCAT forms back then. I am so hopeful to pursue the BS Business Administration and Accountancy (BAA) course here in UP, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to get into it. Instead, I was accepted in another course, BS Business Economics (BE).

Even though fate doesn't let me reach my dream, I am still hopeful and determined to study the course I really want to take, so during my first year in the university, I decided to shift into BAA after one year. I told my friends my decision about shifting. I am so happy because they supported me, but they also warned me to get myself ready in case I didn't pass again for the cut off grade in this course is really high. I told them I will be happy no matter what the results will be.

After one year of waiting, I immediately searched for the CBA website to look for the steps on how to shift to BAA. The first thing I found out was that the applicants should already completed 30 units to be able to transfer. Since I've already taken up 35 units, I am allowed to shift, so I went on to find out the application process.

The first thing to do is to fill out the online shifting application form posted on the CBA website. When I found out about it, I quickly looked for this application form and answered it as fast as I could to be able to move on to the next step. The second step is to print the said form. I did that and already moved to the next. The third thing to do is to pay the thirty pesos application fee at the Cashier's Office. Since I was not in UP when I am looking for the procedures, I can't do this step as of the moment so I waited for the next day to do it. When the other day came, I directly went to UP to pay for the fee we need to accomplish. When I went home later that day, I again looked for the next things I needed to do. According to the website, the fifth step is to pass the printed copy of the shifting application form with recent 2x2 photo together with the official receipt of the P30.00 application fee. I also need to pass an official True Copy of Grades (TCG) showing all grades from the first to the second semester in UP validated by the home college or unit. Since the fourth step was not easy to finish, I instantly started accomplishing it one by one. I went to a studio to have my 2x2 photo taken. Then I attached it to the printed form I have. I also put with these the official receipt I received for the application fee. The next day, I went to UP to request a TCG, but it could be claimed only after three days from the day it was requested so I waited. The final step in shifting is to pass all the stated requirements and wait for the release of the list of successful applicants. When I finally finished gathering all of the things I need to pass, I immediately went to the Virata School of Business (VSB) to pass all of these.

You can pursue your dreams

When I passed my requirements, I was so shocked to know that I am the 500th applicant who wished to apply on the same course. Because of it, I left VSB with a lot of doubts and questions in my mind, whether what I did was the right thing, or should I not be wasting my time hoping to get in when in fact, there are so many students who are also hoping and fighting for a slot. With all of these thoughts running in my mind while I'm walking away from that place, suddenly a slightly heavy leaf fell on my head and it caused me a little bit of pain. I supposed, it was the way of God to remind me that I should not lose hope because the final decision is still on his hands, I just need to trust him. After that, I went home already.

The results came out. I got in! But in BA, not BAA. At first, I was so indifferent if I would shift or not since the course I like was BAA. Later on, I decided that I should shift, to get closer to what I want. And maybe someday, after another year, I will repeat all of the stated steps and hope again to get into my first choice.


Cyrishlyn Aira E. Malubay
(Process Analysis)

Source (Photo):
http://naldzgraphics.net/freelancing/reasons-keep-job-freelancing/

2 comments:

  1. Uhm hi, I just wanted to inquire if na credit sa new course mo yung units from your old one, or kung nas start ka sa baa as 1st year again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm hi, I just wanted to inquire if na credit sa new course mo yung units from your old one, or kung nas start ka sa baa as 1st year again

    ReplyDelete