Thursday, October 23, 2014

My First PE Class in UP



        My first PE class in UP Diliman was very tiring. I never thought that I will be able to survive that class. My first PE was Arnis. True, it was fun but in the middle of the semester, I felt like almost dying.

         When I was about to pick which PE subject I will take in the Computer Registration System (CRS), I pre-enlisted PE subjects through which I could learn some self-defense. Luckily, I was enlisted in an arnis class. Unfortunately, I was not aware that the instructor of that arnis class was very strict. Because of that PE class, I was tired every Saturday.

         Every Saturday of my life during that semester felt unbearable. In that arnis class, we're told to jog around the room for 5 minutes or more without stopping and with acceleration. Many students in our class were not physically fit. Most of us were actually freshmen and when we’re together, we look like high school students. However, our instructor was really strict. He doesn't allow late comers. He gives punishment to those who comes late.


         The goal of that PE class was really met after the end of the semester. We all loosed weight and all of us became faster. That PE class felt like hell always but the knowledge we gained is truly amazing. We learned a lot in such a short period of time and that is somehow because of the strictness of our instructor. Our final requirement for that class was to fight against an arnis class from the University of Asia and the Pacific (UA&P). Surprisingly, students from that school are tall and are physically fit. Even though they have tall girls, we had girls who are fighters so the girl’s team of our class won against those of the UA&P. However, the boys from our class were dumped by the huge guys from the UA&P.

        My first PE class in UP was the best. Even though we received a lot of punishments during the semester, it was fun and we were disciplined well. We were treated as soldiers and not students, and so we gained a different perspective about arnis. Many of my classmates became irritated by our instructor and so they decided to drop the subject but for us who survived, we learned more than arnis itself.
____________________________________________________________

by Alyyana Reyes
(Description) - Narration


Sources (Photos):

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/1379698_667626133249101_60671769_n.jpg?oh=886c5f1b07cf6dee3a8ea9eb30a60064&oe=55098090
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1374331_10200726948445139_1403816822_n.jpg?oh=61753d7aeec03cc8c37f919f0bd8c6dd&oe=54D20A06&__gda__=1428029657_fc5fe2cf667570618eaf824b3900f5c8

2 comments:

  1. Hello po! Incoming freshman po ako this year and the only PE class that fits in my sched is arnis. I was wondering how exactly the students are graded in this class. Also, are the movements hard and have there been injured students in this class? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks and God bless. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hazel! :) Sorry for replying this late. Medyo class requirement lang talaga kasi 'tong blogsite na 'to. HAHA. I hope that you still took Arnis despite everything I've said in this blog entry. Sa Arnis class ko dati mula sa attendance, isang written exam at practical exams yung grades namin. The professor gives the grade that you really deserve depende sa effort mo talaga. Di requirement ang pagiging magaling. Kailangan lang marunong kang sumunod sa instructions at rules. :)) Kaya mo 'yan! I hope that you are enjoying your Arnis class!!

      Delete